12/06/13
Bonjour, look at me, posting before midnight!
1. Saints Results
Saints got Highly Commended!!! WOOHOO!!! I'm mostly relieved over that rather than happy or whatever. If we didn't get it we wouldn't have had a chance at Finale. Am feeling quite shit that we didn't get "Best Female Choir Performance" or whatever it's called, but as I am keeping to the positive theme that these blog posts should be in, I'll try to spin it in a nice way. To be fair, winning that award would have been the greatest thing ever, but the choir who won it (Kristin) are ridiculously good so it's not that surprising. But Highly commended is fantastic and at least now I'm not all "overconfident" that we're going to get in Finale. Two more weeks until we find out....
2. Gala Concert
So, first off, I was late, of course, haha. But this was mostly my brother's fault as we had to wait for him to get home before we left since he had forgotten his keys. Anyway, when I got there, I wasn't able to find St Kents and thus wasn't able to find my husband, and later I found out that it was because that particular mixed St Kents choir has a specific uniform different to the normal school uniform that the boys choir wears. But yes, I found them (him) after they performed and sat back down and omg the people sitting around me (Jo, Cherry, Mei, Char V, Izzy, etc) made a lot of noise of fangirling when Lachy came out JESUS GUYS KEEP YOUR COOL. Although I think Cherry may have been fangirling because Fiona (his gf) was playing violin accompaniment hahahaha. BUT WE ATTRACTED THE ATTENTION OF MRS TIBZ AND THAT WAS REALLY EMBARRASSING OH MY GOD??? Later on in the second half when we had to sit on the stage, Jo and I had direct view of him if we turned our heads to the right because he was sitting on the raised mezzanine area. I'm pretty sure he could tell that two asian teenage girls were blatantly staring at him long periods of time and we may have even made eye contact a couple times, who knows.... How romantic aw
Oh shit sorry that suddenly became the Lachy diaries (shhhhh I can't fight this feeling!!!!!)
I think Rezo did pretty okay, but I wish we were competitive or else it gets boring in certain sections of the award ceremony. For the first half we were sitting behind this South side school who we talked to a little bit. One of the guys (a Year 11) had a crush on Izzy B and I was fucking with him and said she liked him too and wanted his number and I even gave him a pen hahahaha. Don't worry, I'm 99% sure he knew I was messing with him, it didn't break his heart or anything.
Dilworth was fantastic and they sweeped up a heap of awards at the end including best performance of the night. So happy for them!!! I really want Saints to do some sort of SATB mixed choir with them but apparently there are some concerns from higher authorities about "fraternization" aka SMT thinks we're going to smell the scent of boys and have the overwhelming urge to dry hump them in public.
Don't even mention the word "westlake" to me. They won practically every award and I tried (not very hard) to have good sportsmanship bUT GODDAMMIT I SEE REDDDDD (THE BLOOD OF ANGRY MEN)
Oh ps the mixed St Kents choir got a highly commended too, so hopefully if Saints get into Finale, so will they... AND ANOTHER 3 FULL DAYS IN A FOREIGN CITY WITH MY FUTURE HUSBAND YESSSSSSSSS
He's so pretty guys I don't think you understand (◡‿◡✿)
3. Speed Dating
Got a whole bunch of people to sign up for Speed Dating today at lunch to help out Jackie. FELT GOOD MAN. WORKING MY MAGIC WITH MY PERSUASIVE SKILLS!!!!!!!!!!
These skills will come in handy when I convince Lachy that age is just a number and that we should run away together and make beautiful eurasian babies.
No comments:
Post a Comment