Well let's see if this 3 things project does its job tonight and makes me see my day as a little more positive since there were a couple things that pulled it down just a bit
1. Lunchtime Amnesty Meeting
We made the decorations for speed dating today! Lots of pink and red and drawing hearts and gluing together strips of paper to make chains. Got me a little nostalgic for my childhood! I miss fucking around with arts and crafts!! Our hearts were all perfectly imperfect and Izzy made some heart chain things that looked like testicles it was great.
2. My family obviously enjoy my pain
But I'd rather that than them getting angry at me lol. Let me explain - I bought my $33 ticket (that's the price of a valleygirl dress I'm just saying) off Mei today and when she gave it to me she was like "I don't know whether to keep all the tickets or give them to the people who buy it because what if they lose it?" and I was like "Nah man if they're stupid enough to lose it it's their responsibility and they just have to deal with it but if you keep them and YOU lose them then you have to make up for it" and she was like mmkay.
And no prizes for guessing what happened to my ticket.... :(
I kept the ticket in my blazer inner pocket which I thought would be relatively safe, but noooooo I must've dropped it somewhere when I took it off in classes. I'm so devastated about it sigh. I emailed my p4, 5, and 6 teachers because I got the ticket in p3 and it's not at home or in the car... Positive side is that my mum thought it was hilarious and so did my brother lol. They laughed themselves silly after finding out what I said to Mei, so at least my misfortune put a smile on someone elses face hahahaha.
Also, when my mum was helping me turn my room upside down to look for the ticket, she started getting all nostalgic over the baby photos of myself on my walls and she was like YOU WERE SO FAT AND ADORABLE I MADE SUCH A GREAT BABY LOOK AT YOUR LITTLE HANDS THEY'RE LIKE BUNS GOSH
Oh and a sparrow flew into our history class and I wasn't able to deal because ugh fluttering and unpredictable movements of birds and UGH NO so I left the class after about 10 minutes of panicking and squealing and just being a general little bitch over the whole situation BUT NOT BEFORE THE FUCKER SHAT ON MY DIARY ugh I feel bad for the poor fella but that's not gonna make me be okay with being in a confined space with him, ja feel? I'm not heartless I'm just a pussy.
She released her new music video and it was all out of sync in terms of audio and visuals and I was all like "aw yup I see what you did here Lorde dw man I got u, it's to encourage a feeling of discomfort and to make your audience understand your "new artform showing people how little you care" since it goes hand in hand with your uncomfortable staring yeah man we're on the same wavelength dont u worry about all the others who dont get it I UNDERSTAND"
And I wrote this lengthy post on her FB
And then after an hour or so she removed the video from youtube since I'm assuming the video wasn't ACTUALLY supposed to be out of sync so I instantantly went to delete the wall post hahaha fuck my life how embarrassing.
Whatever, it was good English practice. I kinda find it funny so I'm sharing it with you guys, since hopefully you can laugh with me over my shameful moments.
I think that's a nice attitude to have towards things. And even though shit like losing my ticket and the bird and the lorde post aren't exactly positive things, I think that this way of skewing them so that I view them positively is a healthy thing to do and it's definitely really benefiting me mentally and emotionally.
Just a note: If you tend to be feeling really negative and sorry for yourself at the moment, I would strongly urge you to try this '3 things' project out. Call it what you want! Zavara has named her version 'blog+' which is tres cool, but I chose this format because 3 things doesn't seem to be too much for a bad day or too little for a good one. As you can see, the positive three things of your day don't have to be big things at all, and it's a great skill to be able to view the shit parts of your day in a positive way. I'm just saying, try it out and see if you feel happier about your life :)
No comments:
Post a Comment