This isn't really a "3 things" post btw
Damn, today was so much more boring than yesterday.
I don't know if it was because all the novelty of the conference wore off, or if it was because I woke up slightly sick with a pretty nasty sore throat, but when I got one hour into today's MUNA, I just felt pretty over it haha.
Nevertheless... POSITIVITY!
I am tired so I'm sorry if this following blog post is extremely incoherent
Highlight Reel:
- They ordered Subway for lunch.... THERE WERE SO MANY SUBWAY SUBS I WANTED TO CRY IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL
- Hayon, and Bolivia ditched MUNA after lunch to go into town because they were so bored lol
- Met two girls from Westlake who were photographing the Conference, and I talked about choir with them and how Westlake wins eVERYTHING
- Miss Kazakhstan (who really annoyed me yesterday with her undiplomatic speech) TOTALLY WON ME OVER TODAY BECAUSE IN HER SPEECH, SHE MADE A REFERENCE TO "THE LOVE BETWEEN BROTHERS SAM AND DEAN WINCHESTER IN SUPERNATURAL" AND I FLIPPED THE FUCK OUT AND STOOD UP AND STARTED SCREAMING AND APPLAUDING!!! Later at lunch I found her and discovered that her otp is actually destiel, but appreciates wincest and I was like sAME GUUURRRLL and we got nerdy over supernatural and I asked for her url but I've totally forgotten it now and I feel really bad but I remember that it had the word platypus in it
- All the countries were being really unfair towards USA and kept directing really unnecessary and juvenile jabs at them during their speeches and we (Uganda) were getting pretty sick of it tbh
- I sent USA (St Kents) a note telling them that we sympathized with them and in that note I also asked if the guy dressed as Captain America in their group did choir because I recognized him from Big Sing. Got a note back saying that he did and that he was probably "the most enthusiastic choir member ever" haha. I was going to reply with another note but then he came over and sat down with me and basically I just fangirled about how great Menasing was. Then, later on I asked about their choir director (Lachlan) and he totally knew where I was going with it and said that most people felt the same way about good ol Lachy lmao i'M NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- But yes he was super nice and I found him on facebook after much difficulty because his name is spelt unconventionally -____-
- PS on his facebook he has choir videos in Wellington that include Lachy and I JUST REALLY NEED TO GET OVER THIS OBSESSION UGH????
- I went up to another girl who went to St Kents and was representing Switzerland (she was dressed up as swiss cheese) and I think I scared her with my ambushing on whether she knew the choir director at her school SOMEBODY NEEDS TO FUCKING PUT A LEASH ON ME OMG
- North Korea (Zavara, Nadia and Annabelle) won the best group of the Asia-Oceania bloc which was not a surprise at all!!!!! GOOD JOB
- I was talking to the westlake girls and they told me that the representatives of Argentina were also in Choralation but I got Argentina confused with Afghanistan and went up to Afghanistan and asked them if they were in Choralation and they gave me the snidest "WTF" look and were like "What no!!! That's Argentina" and I wanted to be like WATCHU GOT AGAINST CHOIR HUH
- holy shit I ran into girls from Kristin while I was in the bathroom and I heard them talking about choir, so I congratulated on their "best female ensemble" win and then they asked me what school I was from and I told them St Cuths and they were like "oh, haven't heard of it." ........ REALLY?! HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE HEARD OF ST CUTHS ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!?!?!?!? I WOULD HAVE UNDERSTOOD IF YOU WERE FREAKIN NORTHCOTE OR SOME SCHOOL LIKE THAT, BUT IF YOU'RE A PRIVATE SCHOOL IN AUCKLAND IT'S KIND OF HARD TO BE IGNORANT OF ST CUTH'S ESPECIALLY WHEN OUR SCHOOLS INTERACT SO MUCH AT COMPETITIONS?!?!?!??!
- Germany was so fucking weird and so undiplomatic, even I was pretty fucking offended by what they were saying. They kept making some really horrible anti-Semite remarks and Hitler jokes and REALLY UNFUNNY PUNS that were unnaturally placed into the speech eg "ANNE FRANKLY" = "and frankly." When Israel replied, asking for an apology for their offensive Jew remarks, the German diplomat actually had the nerve to say "you have our most insincere apologies" and then the Secretary General got really pissed off and was pretty much like AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT, MAKE A PROPER APOLOGY YOU LITTLE SHIT and so the girl had to be like "oh our sincere apologies....." and I'm pretty sure the whole assembly was like YEAH YOU BETTER BE SORRY!!! RUDE.
- omg ok so the Labour Party leader David Shearer came in as guest speaker. At the end of his speech we had a chance to ask questions and it literally turned into an intense press conference and people were asking controversial questions about his economic policies and his hypocrisy due to members of the Labour party attending the Skycity Convention Centre party when their party was supposed to be against it, and his responsibility in the selling of the Mighty River Power shares. IT GOT SO INTENSE I FELT SO BAD FOR THE GUY, HE WAS PROBABLY REALLY NOT EXPECTING THE AMBUSH!!
- Also one of the cuties from Cuba WAS HIS SON and he was like "hi dad" into the mic as one of the questions. I SMELT A FAKE CIGAR FROM THAT GUY, MAN.
- By noon we had kinda gone "fuck it" and Meilin and I went up to sit with North Korea and Sri Lanka (Nee, Sinai, and Elaine but she wasnt there today) who had a little assembly of 'hold up are we allies or enemies" going on with Mr Black-Suit Libya, Captain America, Morocco, Afghanistan, and Chile. And then the Bolivia came to join us as well, and eventually UK did too haha. How diplomatic of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment