Monday, August 26, 2013

the immortalization of negativity through your choice to blog

Boy, I'm really putting off my homework and catching up with all my other blog posts arent I? This isn't a three things post, this is just something that I feel like I should say.

Sometimes when I'm doing my three things posts, and it's been a rather shit day or something not-so-great has happened, I'll mention it briefly in the post. Sometimes I don't even mention it at all. Since I've been doing this project, I haven't written one fully negative blog post, not once. And often I feel like I'm censoring myself or cheating myself by not acknowledging the shit parts of my life, which to be fair, aren't very that much of a pressing matter for me either way. It feels like I'm lying to myself and I'm lying to you, the handful of readers who actually keep up with my daily ramblings. But I definitely feel tempted to write separate blog posts where I can just rant, as if it'll be therapeutic - as if I'll feel better about the situation because I was "able to get it off my chest".

Truth is, what I've realised today (after my very long and very emotional rant on twitter) is that my venting usually makes me feel even shittier about what happened. Actually, I knew this a long time before but usually ignored this thought and would rant about it anyway. I get all riled up typing about something, or talking about it, when usually if I just don't think about it I can forget it quite easily.

I also feel as if by writing it down and focusing on it, I've immortalized it. When I write about the positive things of my day, I've immortalized those as well. By writing about happy events I remember them better. That's why I'm pretty pissed off at myself for STILL not writing about the ball, because the reason I wanted to blog about it was so that I could get those things solidified into my memory.

If writing about the things that upset you in life helps you, is therapeutic for you, clears your head, then good. Do it. If you feel that if you don't talk about them, you're bottling those negative emotions up, then yes, write about them, let them out. But if you're like me, and realise that you actually feel WORSE after venting, then stop yourself next time. It's better to forgive (others, or sometimes yourself), forget (but learn from your mistakes), and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment