Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Republic of NZ

(to do a little catch up)

17/08/2013

1. Debate

This was the day that we had our quarter final debate, where we won against St Kents and progressed onto the semi-finals (which we ended up losing but alg). Being the morning after the ball, and having only 4 hours sleep from the night before (i stayed up late looking through photos of all things...), my mind was predominantly on what happened at the ball and not really on the debate. Despite the lack of sleep, I woke up really easily and was totally coherent, which was surprising. Cerys and I got a ride to Westlake from Ms Palmer, and on the way it was basically nonstop talk about the ball. Same thing happened when we found Nadia at the debating venue.

Oh, Darryn from MUNA was also there since he coaches the team that we were up against in St Kents. Added to the pressure of wanting to beat them!

So, we  were negating, and when we got announced the moot "This house would make NZ a republic" we were like uhhhhhhh whats a republic??????? After much deliberating and dictionary searching, we were all set, and yay in the end we won the debate! I once again sassed the team outta the water with my rejections of point of informations (which is probably quite rude but I honestly cannot help it I JUST GET REALLY EXCITED ON THE PODIUM) and speaking of podiums, THERE WAS A PODIUM!!!!!!! We had never had a debate where there were podiums before! Bless Westlake (that's a lie, I wouldn't shed a tear if westlake burnt to the ground -- i really hate the music department. It's a tall poppy syndrome thing, as Jade enlightened me by saying. THEY WIN EVERYTHING i'm a horrible person I know).

I got best speaker as well, which I was really proud of since it was one of our best debates. Usually our debates are in Tuesday evenings, when we're all tired from school with muddled cognitive skills. Today, because it was morning and we were super awake, we were all so en pointe it was awesome. I thought we earned the win! It was fantastic to learn that we were ranked first due to our no-losses track record!!!



2. Amy's Birthday

It was my brother's girlfriend (amy)'s birthday today and since I didn't have a present for her, I left her a "Happy Birthday Amy <3" on the bathroom mirror (written with a whiteboard pen) in the morning for her to find when she woke up. Later that day when I asked my brother if Amy saw it he said "Oh... haha, yeah. But she thinks it's from me."

MY BROTHER TOOK CREDIT FOR WHAT I DID FOR HIS GIRLFRIEND OMFGGGGGGGGG.

He said it was because they woke up and Amy got a little upset over how he didn't have a present for her in the morning, and then she went to the bathroom and saw it and immediately assumed he did it and was like "QI'ANNNN AWWWWWW" and wasn't upset anymore and he was like "wat" and she was like "YOUR MESSAGE! IN THE BATHROOM! SUCH A NICE SURPRISE!" and since I've done it for his birthdays before he knew what she was talking about and he knew it was from me so he just took credit for it.

-_________-


3. I literally spent all day on my laptop on facebook looking through ball photos
this is not one of my proudest achievements lets be honest

but it was a week ago so i cant actually remember what other little things happened so DEAL WITH IT

No comments:

Post a Comment