Wednesday, August 14, 2013

flowershop hideouts

13/08/2013

HI GUYS! So sorry I've been AWOL these two days! I have definitely not been encouraging good habits!!!
Today was a fantastic day! Here's why...

1. Debating

WE WON OUR DEBATE IN THE OCTOFINALS!!! WHICH MEANS WE'RE IN THE QUARTER FINALS NOW!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED but also very nervous and apprehensive about versing some uber awesome top 8 team on Saturday THE MORNING AFTER THE BALL!!!!!! But yes we're really excited about the win, except it was a bit of a bittersweet win that was hard to celebrate because everyone felt that they didn't do very well. I totally fucked up my rebuttals hahahaha it was so embarrassing omg shed a tear for me pls. But yes I'm so happy for us!!!

The moot was really difficult for our side: it was along the lines of "This house believes that John Key was wrong in exchanging 230 pokie machines with Skycity to build a Conference Centre" and we were negating.

2. French Speed Dating

This was a happy memory because of how socially awkward and terrible it was ahaha. Okay so it was pretty fun walking there and I'll write about walking back in the next point, but omg when we got there, we were one of the first girl groups (Nadia, Cerys, Elaine, and I). Christ it was awkward!!! While I was there I suddenly realised why people need to drink alcohol at social events - in order to break down the social barriers. basically the girls stood in circles in one area and the guys stood together in another area, and we were all segregated and it was terrible and awkward omg. Poor Mdm Morton tried to get us to talk with this group of guys and we stood there in a circle for about 10 seconds while no one said anything, and I had this mind blank on how to say "what's your name?" (coment tu t'appelle) and then the guys just turned inwards and away frm us and it was like R U D E!!! I saw a guy that recognized me from Winnie's leaving party (heyyyy winnie!) and that was pretty much it. OH THERE WAS THIS GUY I KNEW FROM PRIMARY AND I DIDN'T RECOGNIZE HIM AND I FOUND OUT WHO HE WAS AND I FFELT SO GROSS ABOUT THINKING THAT HE WAS HOT BEFOREHAND UGHHHH CURSE PRIMARY SCHOOL!!!! But yeah he has the bluest eyes I have ever seen in my life THEY ARE RIDICULOUSLY BLUE trust me you'd understand if you ever saw them. Yeah, so I sorta took the piss at the beginning with the guy sitting opposite me, to the amusement of Nicole and Elaine, and to the horror of the guy who seemed very uncomfortable with my upfront friendliness hahaha. OMG basically this whole experience was worth it because of the cute-as-fuck french boys that I talked to omg THEY ARE SO ADORABLE I LOVE THEM!!! IM SO IN LOVE IT'S REALLY SAD OMG

3. Walking back to school

Ok so I was walking with Elaine and Nadia (with Ling and Cerys a bit further in front of us) and behind us was this boy who Elaine vaguely knew because she had stalked his fb profile and thought he was hot. So I decided (after much squealing and debate) that I would wingwoman her and I just walked to him and said something along the lines of "HAVE YOU MET ELAINE?! SHE'S THAT ONE OVER THERE. SHE'S REALLY HOT!!!" and the guy seemed so fucking taken aback and confused and omg he didn't say anything and I just gapped it back to where elaine and nadia were, and when I looked back at him, he was nowhere to be seen, and the only hideaway place in that area would have been a flower shop so he LITERALLY HID INTO A FLOWER SHOP TO GET AWAY FROM US HAHHAHAH

AND THEN LATER WHILE WE WERE AT AN INTERSECTION, WE SAW HIM ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD, SO HE FUCKING CROSSED THE ROAD TO GET AWAY FROM US I'M SORRY BUT THAT IS HILARIOUS, I DIED.

2 comments:

  1. O who was it? I can't remember who was at my leaving party anymore hahaha.

    High school boys are so awkward it's cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was in Gavin's band so I doubt you know him lol

      Delete