Not much to talk about today tbh!
1. Choir
Oh look choir is on my "3 things" again! I woke up at 7:20am this morning and had choir at 7:30am but got there at 7:45 without missing out on too much. We had a performance as well today at assembly and I think we did pretty well! We did our 3 unaccompanied pieces and when Cerys asked later on in the day if we were all perfect pitch since we all found the right note for the beginning of every pieces, but what happened was that Sophia is the only one with perfect pitch, and she hums the first note at the beginning of every song, so that we can all hear it in the choir. At the end of our performance, I had to walk out of assembly to go to my dragonboating photo and it was really awkward for me because I was right at the front of the hall, in front of the stage, and I had to just exit and walk out in front of the whole school as Mrs Robertson was talking!
2. Photo Day
I was in 9 photos today weeeeeee (rezo; cdg; saints; dragon boating; librarians; stage challenge; debating; circles; brain bee) which meant I was barely in any classes for p1-4 (not that I missed out on much tbh). For the dragonboating photo, we were all going to pull a pout but the guy heard us and told us to do two proper ones and let us have a silly photo in the end, in which I panicked and did the lamest pose possible so I can't wait to see that photo -___-
Our debating group (Cerys, Jade, Nadia, Renee, Izzy, and I) really wanted a silly photo too but I they said they were running too short on time :(
3. Bummin around afterschool
Afterschool Cerys and I were planning on doing SEC which has presentations tomorrow, but we ultimately decided that the best decision would be to pull out because it just wouldn't be possible to complete the whole presentation to a good quality by tomorrow. Especially because Aneeka wasn't free to work afterschool and Izzy wasn't either and couldn't do it in the evening today or the morning tomorrow because she has James Blake tonight (ugh lucky) and netball all day tmrw. So it would've just been up to Cerys and I so that wouldn't be very fair on us, ya know? Anyway, I'm off the topic. We planned to do SEC, cancelled it, and I had to wait for my mum to pick me up at 4pm, so I went with Cerys and Ling to the PAC where they were going to choreograph a dance routine. However, Ling was waiting for her mum to drop off dance/workout clothes so until 4 we were just fucking around and it was really fun! I can't for the life of me remember what we were even shitting ourselves laughing about BUT I remember one of them was that Ling's iphone suddenly played London Bridge, as in a shitty one handed piano version of the classic ones - not the Fergie one as we expected and it was fucking hilarious. It sounds stupid but think you had to be there. My throat hurts and I have the need to cough after I laugh too much omg I'm like an old fragile lady now.
Replies to comments:
Jade -
Post the picture on the actual website with the model wearing the dress instead of taking a new photos if you're finding it hard to get a good photo!! on pigeon flirtin', pigeon kissin', pigeon lovin'!ugh yeah I would do that except the model wears the white dress and I ordered a lilac dress. Also, the model photo of it looks SO different and SO MUCH BETTER than my actual dress. You can imagine my disappointment :(
Zavara -
What do you do in tutoring? (: on dead living treeswell, for english tutoring I usually just go through unfamiliar texts and discuss them with the girl (Grace) and we kinda go through the process of working through a text like asking yourself questions and using structures that help you think in a certain way (what is the writer's purpose?/"this helps me to imagine that...")
for maths tutoring I've only had one session with Nat but from what I've discussed with her, she seems to be unsure about a lot of concepts and hasn't had it properly explained to her (probably because the pace of the class is too fast?) so I think I'll just work slowly with her and give her a lot of exercises to get through and familiarize herself with the types of questions she'll get asked in exams. I think I might try to dig up some old kumon worksheets and get her to do those as well hahaha (is that illegal?!)
No comments:
Post a Comment