Thursday, August 22, 2013

a drop between green and blue

21/08/2013

1. performed my first ever titration in chemistry - I wasn't successful but it was pretty interesting!!! my solution stayed at red for 20 minutes and at the end I just poured in a shit ton of NaOH and it still wasn't going red so I did this 5 more times until it suddenly went blue and I was like FUCKING FINALLY (even though it wasn't the ideal green).

2. ran into Grace during lunch so we did an impromptu tutoring session (which I always find to be very interesting because I like discussing English lol I'm a nerd).

3. in bio, our teacher gave us ridiculous kindergarden-activity sheets to do and I was like "uhhhhhhhh no not wasting my time on that!" so I did the practice exam for bio olympiad (of which I did the test in p5, 6, and after school) instead. Mrs O was pretty crack up telling us how the people who wrote the bio olympiad test paper were either losers with no social skills and bad at doing anything ncea-related, or fat and strict.

speaking of bio olympiad (this isn't a '3 things' because it's not very positive) but oH MY GOD THAT SHIT IS RIDICULOUS AND WAY TOO LONG!!!!!!!! I couldn't exactly miss the second to last choir practice (and last 2-hour practice since friday mornings are so short) so I got Mrs O to let me (and Ling and Nicole who had stuff afterschool as well) do the exam in p5/6 and it was pretty perfect because I had a free in p6 and I only missed half of TOK. Thing was that we had to do the exam in the little bio office between two bio classrooms and they were SO NOISY and the room smelt like rotting orange peels and it was basically not very nice conditions. In addition to that, the test was ballistically difficult and I didn't really know what I was doing 80% of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment