Today had a few shitty parts in it (I failed my maths test-- no seriously, failed.), but as I told Ruby today, it's always great to focus on the good things of your day rather than the bad!!
1. I wrote a poem! It's called "In the dirt of the earth" and I might post it on blogspot in a couple days once the initial pride of actually creating something wears off and I get a less biased perspective on it to see if it's shit or not lol. Kinda hesitant about actually posting it anywhere because there's a lot of assonance in it, which is only effective when it's read out loud and with emphasis on the right words... Also, do you think it would be weird if I just gave it to my english teacher and was like "yo could u help a brada out thx"???
there is a bit in the poem where I needed to mention a bug so I thought "hmm beetles?" and just for fun I searched up the symbolism of beetles and:
"The ancient Egyptians saw how these beetles lived and emerged from dry ground and used this as a metaphor for the entombing and resurrection of their mummies. In this way the beetle became the Egyptian symbol for rebirth, the ability to be reborn."and I was like OMFGGG!!!!!!!!! Because that part of my poem where I mention it is actually talking about death (it sounds morbid but the whole poem is about the transitions of birth to death) and in the next line I talk about clay skin and clay skin is like dry ground that beetles lived and emerged from and I just AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH UNINTENTIONAL AWESOME MOTIFS
2. I had no homework tonight, thus the sudden impulse to write a poem. I was actually supposed to do SAT prac and write my ball blog post but alas....
3. In free period, Cerys, Cathee and I chilled in the couch seating area of the library and Cerys and I just did French by reading through it together and it was so much less intimidating than what we do in class and it made me feel better about french lol. I think we should do it more often tbh!
Extra: in addition to writing the poem, I also spent like, an hour lost on Cracked.com and I read this article that profoundly affected me and SHH JUST READ IT (you probably already have considering it's nearly a year old)
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/
Let's say that the person you love the most has just been shot. He or she is lying in the street, bleeding and screaming. A guy rushes up and says, "Step aside." He looks over your loved one's bullet wound and pulls out a pocket knife -- he's going to operate right there in the street. You ask, "Are you a doctor?" The guy says, "No." You say, "But you know what you're doing, right? You're an old Army medic, or ..." At this point the guy becomes annoyed. He tells you that he is a nice guy, he is honest, he is always on time. He tells you that he is a great son to his mother and has a rich life full of fulfilling hobbies, and he boasts that he never uses foul language. Confused, you say, "How does any of that fucking matter when my (wife/husband/best friend/parent) is lying here bleeding! I need somebody who knows how to operate on bullet wounds! Can you do that or not?!?" Now the man becomes agitated -- why are you being shallow and selfish? Do you not care about any of his other good qualities? Didn't you just hear him say that he always remembers his girlfriend's birthday? In light of all of the good things he does, does it really matter if he knows how to perform surgery? In that panicked moment, you will take your bloody hands and shake him by the shoulders, screaming, "Yes, I'm saying that none of that other shit matters, because in this specific situation, I just need somebody who can stop the bleeding, you crazy fucking asshole."
SCARAB BEETLES VICKY!
ReplyDelete(did you not study ancient egypt in primary? very sad)