Doing this super early (BEFORE 10PM WHAT?) because I'm feeling like I'm getting the first signs of a cold and I think I might have an early night and sleep 15 hours or something?
1. Ronald McDonald House
Today I went to my first of two sessions at Ronald McDonald House doing the holiday programme thingy!! For those of you who don't know, Ronald McDonald House Okay, so I got dropped off at Starship Hospital because I assumed that the house would be like, a block off the side of the hospital or something, but the RMH is a totally separate building!! I asked a woman at Starship for some help and she drew me a map and gave me directions to go "straight and then left and then straight", but due to my shitty orientation skills, I walked straight way too long and ended up in the goddamn oncology centre. From there, I had to do a loop backwards, where I saw some kids outside a building but it turned out that was just a child services place, and then their parents pointed me to the NEXT building up some stairs, and alas i finally found the building and my journey had reached its end tHANK GOD
Yeah, so I arrived 10 minutes late and I'm pretty sure Ms W is quite used to seeing me late to things (she's in charge of absences and lates at school). And we were making CUPCAKES YAY!1!!!!!11!!1! I'm terrible at baking but we didn't really have to do anything except for stand there and provide encouragement for the kids "YEAH YOU SCOOP THAT CUPCAKE MIXTURE INTO THE TRAY YEAH GOOD JOB YOU'RE FANTASTIC AT THIS WOW GO U HERES A PRIZE FOR BEING AWESOME" (not really)
It was mostly pretty quiet in the beginning but that was just because the kids were shy. I hope Thursday's session will be more lively now that they've warmed up to us a bit! I made a lady bug icing thingy but all that moulding of food made the cupcakes very unappetizing and none of us volunteers ate any hahahaha.
THERE WAS THE CUTEST LITTLE FOUR YEAR OLD GIRL WITH US OMG ok so she was too little to reach anything in the kitchen and she wanted to wash her hands bcs they had gotten all mucky due to the icing and so she was just standing against the bench trying to reach the soap dispenser and i saw her and i was like hERE LET ME HELP and i got there and was like 'wait wtf am i supposed to do... do i pump some soap onto my hand and then transfer it onto her hand or something what' and abi was like 'LIFT HER' and i was like OHHHHHHH and then i lifted her and she did one of those adorable little kid giggles and was trying to grab some soap and she got some and i let her down again and then she went to reach the tap but obviously couldnt and i was like omg (✿◠‿◠) I WILL LIFT U AGAIN asdkfjksdfd.fnasd;fkalsdlkfasdf so cute omg i cant deal!!! AND THEN SHE WAS SITTING AT THE TABLE AND ALL THE OTHER KIDS HAD GONE TO EAT IN THEIR ROOMS OR SOMETHING BCS THEY WERE OLDER and she was just sitting there alone with her two cupcakes and watching us clean up and once we were finished she asked (very incoherently and quietly) if we would eat with her and we were like KNADKLFJ;LSDF OF COURSE SUGAR PLUM BABY CUTIE PIE and the 5 of us just sat around her as she devoured her cupcake and made a mess on her face GUH and then she said she wanted to play so a few of us went with her to the little play area and I ended up going with her on one of those plastic boat rocky things that are kind of like seesaws and was rocking on it whilst talking to Mrs W about H4H hahahahaha
2. NEXT TOP FUCKIN MODEL
I realised after doing the SAT app last night that I have NO PHOTOS OF ME APPROPRIATE FOR APPLICATIONS ie all my photos have me smiling in my big :D face or doing the peace sign or inappropriately stroking statues etc etc. So I put on some make up and did a little photoshoot hahahaha don't judge me shhh it was a necessary action okAY I TOOK INITIATIVE!! My mum walked in on me and I made her be my Patrick Demarchelier and take photos for me and YAY NOW I HAVE PHOTOS FOR THINGS
would you hire this motherfucker for a minimum wage job? I THINK YOU WOULD (call me I'm srs I need the money)
3. Furniture Shopping
Okay furniture shopping wasn't really exciting but I got to drive everywhere which was fun and hang out with my mum and YAY I THINK I FINALLY FOUND A LARGER BOOKSHELF FOR MY ROOM!!! I was going to go out with my dad in his larger car tmrw to go get it but Billie's holding a cooking class tmrw so I guess I'm going to that.
No comments:
Post a Comment