19/09/2013
1. 20/20 in french vocab test can i get a hallelujah?!?!?!?! let's hope it carries on to next week's test...
2. bio dissection of heart and lungs. SO interesting this time around compared to the last time I did it in Year 9/10, because Mrs O did our first incision which meant we were actually able to see certain things in the heart instead of totally butchering it. Heart strings are such fantastic little things imo. I really love the heart, it's incredible.
3. history got really intense because we finished watching the stalin documentary and it was really depressing thinking about how many people he killed, and we were all getting really into comparing stalin with mao and hitler and wondering why stalin is barely ever seen to be more "evil" than hitler, and why mao is still to this day so openly celebrated in china, despite the part he played in killing off thousands and even millions of people. I just find the number of people Stalin sent to their gravesit pretty fucking unfathomable. Looking at those statistics disconnects us from actually thinking about the extent of the horrors and the individual human lives that were all lost. I know this isn't particularly positive, but from my perspective, I really enjoyed being in an environment where everyone was just as passionate and interested in the topic and where we could have an educated discussion and make links to try to understand these historical figures -- and if you want to get cheesy -- try to understand humanity better as well.
also, i got 15/16 for my history essay which is pretty good except I had high expectations to meet after my 17 from my first essay. sometimes i do feel like ms french marks low just to mark low, you know what I mean? But whatever, it's not like I worked particularly hard on the essay either way.
No comments:
Post a Comment