Friday, September 6, 2013

science geek

6/09/2013

1. I GOT INTO THE ROTARY FORUM SHORTLISTINGS!!!!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!! When I first found out I didn't realise it was only the shortlist into what will then be the auckland district organizer cutting down applicants to 22 people only and I thought I was being offered a place into the forum and I was SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was jumping around and screaming and being a general excited pain in the butt. I am so surprised because I made such a mess in the interviews that I didn't think there was a chance in hell that I'd get into the forum! There is absolutely no way that I will get into the final 22 people because gosh have u seen the smart and talented people around Auckland? No way in hell man. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted hahaha

2. There was a chem olympiad tutorial at form time which I actually didn't find too difficult to follow which made me feel really good about myself! I also JI'd into the Bio Schol class afterschool today and it was surprisingly super easy and we did a worksheet on sickle cell anaemia and I was like alg. Bio Schol requires you to write three essay question answers in three hours which is WAY more than enough time to get those answers down. Anyway, the reason I mention these two sessions is because they're both extension-ish things so I'm glad I'm getting opportunities to... well, extend myself, I guess.

3. Dr Giffney also emailed me about offering me a place on the Metagenomiacs (?) Day thing and I was SO HAPPY because yesterday, the bio olympiad girls got an email saying that due to the limit of 5 students from our school, they were only taking bio olympiad girls, which meant I wouldn't be able to go, and I had been looking forward to it and keen since I heard about it all those weeks ago. But then they made that new rule and I was gutted. But the email I got today along with Becca H invited us if we were interested and I was like YES I AM INTERESTED LET ME RUN TESTS ON SOIL PLS THANKKKKKKKKKKKK

No comments:

Post a Comment