Friday, September 13, 2013

acupuncture protege

12/09/2013

1. Japanese Lecture

In English today we had a quick lecture/crash course on the history of Japan and it was really interesting!! I kept making all these links with China (and Russia to an extent) and I was just like MMMFFGH HISTORY!!!!!!!! It's interesting to see how Japan got similarly screwed over as China did after WW1 and how Japan's military and economy developed and was able to make all the other countries go wtf.

Also, the lesson started quite late and I was late in the morning and worried that they had started early and walked in at 8:28 but it was alg! Saw Mei walk in really frantically and her relief when she realised that everyone still wasn't in their seats or anything lol.

2. Mum's story 

OMG OKAY THIS GOT ME SO BAD!!! Today my mum was texted by Amy (my brother's girlfriend) regarding acupuncture, who said that she had a colleague who had all this weird health shit and would probably benefit from acupuncture. My mum, however, didn't realise it was Amy, my brother's girlfriend, and instead thought it was another Amy, her classmate. Thinking that class!Amy was texting her to let her know about her new patient, my mum replied with something along the lines of "good experience for you! I believe you can do it!" and then followed on with all this jargon about what had to be done. SO AS YOU CAN IMAGINE, AMY GOT THAT TEXT AND WAS LIKE UHHHHHHH DOES SHE WANT ME TO DO THE ACUPUNCTURE MYSELF??? I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO ACUPUNCTURE WAIT WHAT, HAS SHE BEEN SUBTLY TRAINING ME ALL THIS TIME!?!?! and my mum realised half an hour later that it was the wrong Amy and was like "sorry I thought you were a different Amy ha ha ha i laugh for hour so funny".

ok so it may not sound funny but if you know my mum and have seen her fob texts and if you imagine the confusion that Amy would have been experiencing i'm sure u can understand why my mum and i were PISSING OURSELVES over this hahahahaha i think it was actually a safety hazard bcs my mum was driving at the time she was telling me it and i think she may have swerved a couple times oops

3. Free period

GOD I REALLY MISS MY HISTORY FREE PERIODS!!! I had a free period today for maths and basically spent it organising shit and texting/calling places. Speaking of which, I called up my surgery place to rearrange an appointment and this is relevant because I missed writing in a blog post weeks back that I finally have a surgery date! It is the last day of school (prizegiving), December 13th. I'M SO EXCITED WEEEEE!!!

Uh yeah, so today in free period it was some nice quiet time. Ms B was working in the library as well and she said hi which was nice. It's a little awkward for me because I never can tell where the line is with teacher student relationships, like obviously I'm never going to have her as a teacher again, so am I allowed to have conversations about like, game of thrones with her, like, is that okay?????? It's always a bit odd seeing past teachers in the corridors because it's like DO YOU STILL KNOW WHO I AM??? I always see Mr Olsson and make eye contact and it's weird because I've never been any of his classes except for his SAT course but I don't think he knows who I am so I never say hi and it's always SO AWKWARD UGH.


Extra #4: not sure if this can be counted as a positive thing of my day but I wasted 2 hours of my life today doing this logo thing for my dad and I'm really proud of it even though I resent doing it SO MUCH. After making it I couldn't get back into my studious zone for the whole night and barely got anything done :(

The tower, the stars, all of them had to be done via me going over the original internet-found images with shapes (THAT TOWER IS MADE OF CIRCLES AND LINES OFF MACROMEDIA FIREWORKS) and then deleting the original image underneath. I had to do that so that the images weren't blurry with weird colours on the logo and it took me so long!! I think it looks quite nice though! My dad didn't like it and I was like -_______- r u srs FINE U DO IT >:/

No comments:

Post a Comment