Thursday, September 1, 2011

A week's recap

So, this week was pretty stressful. Monday and Tuesday were my maths statistics internals, and I lost my internal-ginity (that sounds extremely wrong). Finished just in time though. Seriously, I wrote the last word, full stopped it and it was exactly time up. I thnk I did alright, as long as I was right about not making the call.

Then yesterday, Joanna was suddenly emailed about a reaudition, which is ridiculous cuz we didnt even know that we were going to be called back to reauditions, and the reaudition was that day at lunchtime, so we didn't have any time to practice more! stupid organization from the committee, fuck. anyway, i forgot my words in a line of a verse, but i dont think it was too major. in the end, we didn't get in, which didn't come as much of a shock because I had heard some other people's pieces and they were so much better. I'm not too gutted. There's always next year!

I also did my speech yesterday. It was about vampire obsessions. I got excellence, and when we voted for people to go to the finals, it came down to me, Lizzi, and Hayon, and with a revote, Hayon got into the finals. Algoods though, I wasn't really keen on the pressure of going to finals, even though it would've been a good thing for my ego haha. The fact that people liked my speech enough to even consider me to go to the finals was already a huge compliment!

Today was the most stressful of all. Or rather, last night was, cuz of the studying. Today I had my French end of unit test in period 1, and science end of topic test in period 2. Yeah, thanks teachers for cramming two hard-to-study-for tests in a time frame of 2 hours. We had time after the french test, so we marked the first page and I got quite a bit wrong, so I'm not really looking forward to getting my full mark back. Science test consisted of a lot of writing and quite a bit of bullshitting and hoping that the stuff you wrote down had relevance to the question. I finished just in time (or slightly overtime....) and my hand was cramping like a bitch throughout the test.

Went to speech finals in p4. Same couple of people got into speech finals this year again. Hannah R won it, obviously, because her speech was fucking hilarious. It was like a comedy routine, I was pissing myself omg. She did her topic on how to find the perfect guy!!! HOW DID SHE COME UP WITH THAT SHIT? It was actually a good thing lizzi didn't get into the finals (or so she says) because Mia was in the finals and she did the same topic as lizzi (honesty).

Ooh, also, yesterday, I drove quite a bit. My mum picked me up from school and on landscape road (not the side with the huge hill) I got to start driving and drove basically around my normal practice area around those backstreets, and then onto dominion road, and towards mount roskill grammar and past it, and drove all the way to bunnings warehouse! YESS VICKY IS ON THE MAIN ROADS BITCHES! Everytime my mum picks me up from school, I convince her to let me drive haha. WOOP WOOP!

Had singing lesson today. Cathee decided to ditch me for next weeks singers recital. I don't think I'm gonna go cuz I sound really shit in the song (which is hallelujah). I recorded myself - it was bad. I'm feeling really shitty about my voice thesedays. Trying out for stage band/b band. ugh, the songs that I have to sing are really not suited for me. Whatevs, can't hurt to try out. Except for my ego.

All this stress has caused me to breakout on my nose. and i have a pimple in my nose, as well as a cold, so I have to blow my nose and that means that the pimple just gets irritated. UGH.

Tomorrows house performances. Our house are doing the ugly duckling. I'm a pig. How accurate. I bought sweatpants for the occasion. I needed sweatpants anyway, so good excuse to buy em.


Gonna chill this weekend, then it's back to studying for my algebra exam. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment