I was re-reading Twilight. Just, yknw, flipping through. and then i realised something.
I really liked the books.
Okay, so some of you might be scoffing at that, or laughing at me for stating the fucking obvious, but it's been so long since I read the actual books and not fanfics, and I forgot how much I actually liked the books.
People always say that Stephanie Meyer is a bad writer and they said the books were bad, and after a while, a little bit of me started agreeing with them, forgetting that when I first read the books, i couldnt put them down. The movies distorted my view on Twilight, but the books are seriously a million times better than the movies.
Have any of you read house of night? House of night is baaaad storytelling. just bad bad bad. I can't get through the first book. It's just so awful and boring. And I'm also reading Misery by Stephen King, and i want to like it, since its stephen king, but ohmygodddddddd its soo boring! Theres nothing in there that captured my attention like Twilight did.
Ellen Hopkins is the man though. I've read Identical, Burned and Crank, and she is just fucking amazing. If you havent read those, READ EM!
But yeah, twilight is freakin good. Harry potter bored me and the structures of the books were all too similar. I got up to the middle of the fifth one and just couldn't be stuffed anymore.
But I can relate to the arguments on why twilight isnt good. Yeah, bellas a bit of a douche and edwards pretty creepy and edwards 'crooked grin' is mentioned WAY too often, but I LIKE IT, OKAY?!
-
It's a good thing that there isn't a 'check who went on your page!' thing on facebook, because if there was, my name would appear on your list waay too much then it should.
lol it's all personal opinion. twilight was pretty average for me, not bad but not good either. idk why it seems to be so extreme with other people tho (either love it or hate it)
ReplyDelete