Monday, July 25, 2011

and this is why i blog....

um, okay. look, all of you complaining about how st cuths is a shit school, lemme tell you this.

i bet most or even all of you have never been to a low decile public school. so it really pisses me off when you talk about how shit the education is at st cuths. You've been in private school or decile 9/10 schools your whole life and you think St Cuths is shit, when really, it's an extremely good school. I consider myself lucky as hell to have gotten into st cuths, and i freaking love this school. The school is beautiful, the teachers actually care about how you do, and (most of) the people here that you're surrounded by are really good and aren't necessarily a bad influence.

I know i complain about a couple of teachers sometimes, but its only because I don't think that they're good enough teachers considering we pay so much on school fees. They're still a heck of a lot better that some teachers I've had before in other schools. In year 8, after my first day at St Cuths, I said to my dad in the car on the way home "I actually learnt something today". In year 7, I literally learnt NOTHING at all the whole year, because of the teachers only teaching material suitable for the lowest ability group in our class, since they were the majority (as horrible as that sounds)

I'm actually so frustrated right now I am near tears. Tears of freaking frustration. You people complaining about St Cuths and wanting to leave it are so. damn. stuck up. You are taking what you have for granted. You complain about not learning anything in St Cuths, but really, it's not the teachers fault, its YOURS for barely putting any effort in. The teachers here are actually really good and they teach you based on your abilities. That said, the teacher can't do the work for you. You can't expect to get through life being spoon fed.

You take all the resources St Cuths supply for you for granted. We have really good facilities compared to some other schools, and really great extracurriculars. seriously, the extracurriculars at st cuths could be one of the best things about this school, in my opinion. I don't think your time spent in school is just about studying and passing tests. I think school is a time for getting to know yourself and the things you're good at, and giving everything a try, because there's not much to lose. School is a time for you to find out who you are and making yourself a cultured, good person, which is why st cuths puts such an emphasis on service since school is a time to train you to become the person you want to be when you're older. the thing about AIC is, (and the principal himself said this) they don't care about your extracurriculars - they only focus on your studies and your test results, which means that after you graduate, you haven't really gotten your full experience in school.

You complain about the silly school rules that St Cuths has, like, needing to tie up your hair, wear blazers, not wear cardigans, no earrings, and all i can say to this is: YOU ARE FUCKING RETARDED. and i mean that in the nicest way possible. Are you seriously using those reasons as an excuse? were you hoping to convince me by using THOSE reasons? You can't fucking BEAR having to tie your hair up, wear your blazer, not wear your cardigan or earrings for SIX HOURS A DAY, five times a week, for only part of the year? for EIGHTEEN HOURS a day, all weekends, and all of the holidays, you can wear your hair however you like, forget about your blazer and wear all the motherfucking cardigans and earrings you want. and thats for five years. ONLY FIVE YEARS OUT OF THE AVERAGE LIFE SPAN OF 80 YEARS. suck it up and dont you dare use it as an excuse. it doesnt prevent you from being individual. you think you express your individuality through your clothes? PUHLEASE. you buy your clothes from supre, glassons, cotton on, or etc much like the rest of the 70% of the teenage girl population. Your clothes dont express your fucking individuality. and like i said before. wear whatever you want for the rest of your life, cuz its only six hours a day for five years.

I dont really want to say anything about cambridge because really, there isnt much to talk about. You're so set on how cambridge is soooo much better than ncea that you are completely blinded by your ignorance. Cambridge isn't necessarily better than NCEA. Cambridge syllabus hasn't been updated in like, a fucking century, and the teaching style is outdated. You're just hearing what other people are saying about Cambridge and deciding that it's better than NCEA, when really, you haven't looked at any facts. St Cuths is a really really fucking good school for NCEA since we get some of the highest scores in the country, so I have no idea why you're complaining about NCEA, since there are tonnes of people who do NCEA and graduate from St Cuths and become very very successful.



Okay I think I'm done.

3 comments:

  1. hahahahahaha

    ohhhh first world problems :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AGREE SO MUCH WITH EVERYTHING HERE AHHHHHHH I'M SO GLAD YOU WROTE THIS.
    That is all :)
    (Sorry for meltdown on your honourable blogpost).

    ReplyDelete