Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 24

A letter to your parents

Dear Mum and Dad

So, hi. Your daughter here. It's been 14 tough years you had to put up with me. I know I'm still really immature and have gotten less cute and cooperative over the years, but good to know you guys havent kicked me out yet. sorry for all the times I've thrown stupid tantrums and slammed the door in teen-angst fueled rages. I know that you know that I don't really mean the hateful words i shout at you guys sometimes. sorry that I ask for money all the time and that I don't help out that much around home. I know I'm not exactly the best daughter in the world, but you guys are definitely the best parents. Thank you so much for working so hard every day just so you can send me to st cuth's and put food on the table and pay the bills and stuff. I know that I don't seem like i appreciate it, but i really really do. You guys are such good role models and have so much love, determination and perseverance. I love how you're pretty laid back with me and i can still talk to you about stuff but you've taught me well enough when i was younger that I needed to work hard too. Thank you for teaching me to do the right thing and making me into the person i am today, and later, the person i will be when i'm older. Thanks for pushing me when I really wanted to give up, like for piano, and chinese classes and kumon and etc. I know that I get frustrated at you guys a lot but I know that you're just trying to help and it's mainly my fault I behave that way.  I appreciate the sacrifices you guys have to make for me and Qi'an daily, especially the one about being in NZ and not going back to China, even with the language barrier. Tbh, sometimes i feel like i don't know the real you because i think you guys only tell me and Qi'an the good stories of your past, but i don't blame you, because I act a lot different around you guys than when I'm with my friends as well. I know that some day, you both won't be here anymore, and that thought makes my heart clench because I don't know what i'd do without you, but i'm sure that from learning from you guys, i'll soon mature and start acting more responsibly. Not only are you my parents, but you're also my teachers, my shoulders to cry on, my bank, my chauffeurs, my confidants, and my role models. Thanks for teaching me how to love and care about someone, how to do hard maths questions, letting me stick crap on my bedroom walls, and buying me stuff i dont actually need at the supermarket/mall. When I am older, and have a family of my own, you two are always gonna be what I hope to be like when I'm a parent, and who I'm gonna turn to advice for.   Thanks for loving me unconditionally.

I love you, so, so much. :)

Vicky
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. OHMYGOSH!!!
    THAT'S SOOOO SWEET!
    I actually cried coz it was so sweet and yet so sad and true.

    ReplyDelete