Tuesday, December 31, 2013

how to haggle

30/12/2013

I think another thing good about doing "3 things" is that it makes me feel guilty about spending a day doing shit-all which encourages me to actually, yknw, live life in future days to avoid having nothing to write about

Eg today. I did nothing today.

1. Went to bank, paid rotary fee, FINALLY. Felt weight off shoulders. Deposited my christmas money, felt like I had money in the bank weeee

2. As I was walking back from the bank to the car, I passed one of those dingy asian clothes stores that no one buys clothes from that are like the clothes equivalent of an asian $2 store. Except on display on a rack outside were a couple pairs of harem pants and there was one pair that was actually quite nice and it was $20 and I was like err no not buyin from a shop like this if it costs the same as at a nice chain store or whatevs. As I was deliberating with my mum the sales lady inside heard us and started replying back in Shanghainese about how it was "comfortable" and whatnot and I thought I'd take the opportunity being an asian shop and all and started bartering the price lower. First I was like "twenty dollars is way too expensive, what a shame, I'd buy it for $10?" and she was like "what I'd make no income on $10, what about $15? business is poor..." and I was like "$15's pretty high still, I can only do $10" and she was like nah nah and so I left and walked away. Then I realised $15 was actually p good and went back (lol), tried it on, and bought it haha. I think she felt really guilty bcs the boss was probably going to kill her oops. But yeah the pants are super cute and I dont think you'd be able to tell they're from a low end store. If anyone I don't really know asks, I'll say they're from an op shop hahahaha

3. I watched himym which has been the first time in a LOOOONNNGG time and I re-realised how much I liked the show...

#4: oh also I posted an "after surgery" photo on fb and got a positive response, so, yay :D

No comments:

Post a Comment