Wednesday, November 6, 2013

the irony of stressing over studying stress

5/11/2013

Oops i forgot to do one yesterday :( I've really fallen out of the rhythm of this!!

1. in the midst of doing 5 hours of french for tomorrows interactive oral exam and even though i'm still thoroughly screwed for tomorrow and in no way feeling prepared, i think the amount of writing + planning ive done today has been really helpful in terms of my writing ability which is of course, good for exams. So, unintentional study, I guess? I really do enjoy french when I'm doing it at my own pace and am allowed the freedom to screw up and speak slowly and use google translate hahaha. It's just in class where I feel a little shitty about my capabilities. Hopefully I'll get into habits of putting more work into french and it'll pay off? I've always found that I never really put much effort into studying for French so that explains why it's one of my worst subjects. Interesting how the cycle is: good at subject -> likes subject -> spends more time on subject -> improves on subject -> consistently good at subject but being bad at a subject just leads to being consistently bad at the subject.... Humans are weird, man.

2. a thing happened today in the reading room that made me happy although it followed a not-very-happy thing but it involved a sweet note folded into a paper plane that was flown to me :')

3. i think(hope) i helped out a friend today over something really significant and it's not really a "positive" thing but it's something i really really am glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment