So over the past three days I have been bumming around and not really following my "YEAH LETS BE PRODUCTIVE" plan, so uh... whoops? Better get onto it, I guess.
But first let's procrastinate with a blogpost.
I'm not quite sure what I did on Thursday since I was operating on minimal sleep. What I do remember is that:
- Had lunch outside with a bunch of the IB students and it was nice
- Got maths paper 1 results back and I'm pleased (92%!!)
- Bio in p1 was really unproductive and a lot of us were just really hyper so Mrs O warned Ms Choi of our unproductiveness and Ms Choi in p6 let us have our lesson outside in the bright sunshine hehe
Friday:
1. Most of my classes consisted of doing nothing and just talking hahaha. In bio everyone was doing "silent work" on their computers but in reality 80% of us were playing the Doctor Who game on google hahahaa. Then in History we were doing our internal assessment research and I just went up to library with Lauren and Ruby and ended up chatting with Kellin and Sobitha about how fucked 12IB are for next year (yay). Then in English we did shit all and were just sitting down on the floor chatting (trying to convince Ms Moy to watch Mean Girls lol). Had TOK in p5 where we got our essay grades back and the highest mark anyone got was a C which was what I got so I was pretty stoked hahhahaha... low standards for TOK as you can see...
2. For some reason I was convinced to go to assembly which was held in the goddamn junior gym and it was just half of IB so i have no idea where the rest of us went. We just sat on the chairs reserved for teachers lol yolo mr allan came to get everyone to sing that rice patty cake song and everyone was soooo not into it lol
3. WENT TO WATCH CATCHING FIRE OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD IT WAS SO GOOD I CRIED ALL THROUGHOUT THE MOVIE I'M NOT EVEN JOKING I THINK I CRIED 7 DISTINCT TIMES IT WAS RIDICULOUS????
So, this was our "IB gathering" thing that I had tried to plan and considering only 12 people were able to come out of 31 I'm not sure to what extent I succeeded in coordinating the event but whatever we had fun and I personally enjoyed it heaps!!!!!!! Most people were late (including me) so we bought tickets at 7pm for the 8:15 showing, and most of us had to buy a ticket for a person who wasnt yet there. The people who went were me, Jo, Cherry, Elaine, Mei, Nicole, Izzy, Meilin, Micaella, Cerys, and Aneeka + Rebecca joined us for the movie. We went to dinner at Toto's and got two metre long pizzas which were fab, and had nice dinner conversations and selfie times hahaha.
In natural fashion, we were cutting it incredibly close to the movie time and ended up sprinting from the restaurant to the cinemas and as a group of 10 teenagers I'm pretty sure we terrified the casual onlooker (new jogging club perhaps?). By the time we got to the movies and sat down at 8:19, we were all disgusting and sweaty and panting and it was just really amusing ok hahaha. AND THEN THE ADS WENT ON UNTIL 8:30 SO WE COULD'VE PRETTY MUCH WALKED AT A LEISURELY PACE TO THE CINEMA AND STILL WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN LATE FOR THE MOVIE!!!!!!!
But yes, the movie was fantastic. I agree with the people who think that the second movie was even better than the first. Then again, I enjoyed the second book more than the first. I got so freaked out at the monkey bit that I punched myself in the face lol gg everyone in our row started screaming (and i'm pretty sure our row was the only one heartily laughing at the jokes in the film). The elevator scene with Johanna was done perfectly!! I was wondering how well they could pull it off! I'm kinda sad they left out the morphling's fucked up blood flower on peeta's cheek because that really left an impact on me in the book and i was looking forward to it :'( but it's understandable i guess, since it's pretty gross. I think the fog was done perfectly and the arena was amazing and everything was so fast paced and thrilling and I could barely even catch my breath from the last traumatic thing before the next shit happened. Izzy and I were just frantically holding on to each other through most of the arena scenes and being like "NOPE NOT OKAY CANNOT HANDLE IT GIVE ME A BREAK". The peacekeepers were terrifying and the stuff from the victory tour was even better than in the book imo. ALL THE HAPPY SCENES WERENT EVEN HAPPY FOR ME BECAUSE I WOULD JUST START CRYING FROM THE KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN TO THAT CHARACTER LATER ON IN THE MOVIE OR IN MOCKINGJAY??? KNOWLEDGE IS PAIN.
But yeah, good day.
Saturday:
- went to nicole's to do TOK and fucked around for the most part
- mei got there on time and nicole was still sleeping and home alone so mei was stuck outside for half an hour because nicole wasn't picking up the phone or opening the gate haahhaha
- 13 going on 30 is a terrible movie, wow
No comments:
Post a Comment