1. English Scholarship mock exam wasn't too terrible, but it was about the difficulty I was expecting. I managed to finish in time which is already an improvement from midyears! Also managed to remember quotes and didn't fully blank on texts. If you're interested, for section B I wrote an essay on the topic of how poetry contains stories that must be interpreted (or something like that), and I used Still I Rise by Maya Angelou and Morning Song by Sylvia Plath. Then in Section C the topic I chose was on whether the aesthetic of a text was more important than the morality of it, and I argued that the writer's ideas were more important however the use of language was important in effectively establishing these ideas. I used Gatsby most of the information I had for it was from my cramming session the night before on Sparknotes hahahaa. In Section A it took me ages to actually understand what was happening in the first unfamiliar text piece and I didn't get started until 15 minutes in. All in all, hand was sore as shit at the end of the exam but other than that I came out of the hall not feeling too bad. Of course, that in itself is pretty concerning since whenever I come out of an exam feeling alright, it's because I did HORRENDOUSLY.
2. Cute lunchtime where a lot of the IB girls just gathered in the Y12 comm since everyone else is on exams right now. I love our cohort ^_^
3. Biology was literally just Ms Olsen giving out photos she printed out (from Ball, Metagenomics day, class, etc) and then after that a group of us were just playing with photobooth taking stupid chipmunk photos hahaha. We had a seat reassignment which was a little annoying because I liked sitting at the front with Nicole, and funnily enough I drew out a seat number right next to Joanna which was like DANGER DANGER BAD!!! As much as I love Jo's company, I think I love it too much to the point where if I sat next to her I would get NO WORK DONE. She seems to understand that we mess around way too much when we sit together (it's happened before in every class I've sat next to her in) but I hope I didn't make her upset by asking to swap with someone else!!
EXTRA #4 ON LACHIE: (yes your favourite part of the 3 things +1) okay so darryn texted me all like "what year did fi*** (lachie's gf who went to my school) graduate" and I guessed and said why dont you just ask Lachie and he was like "lol Lachie's right behind me now" "he says hi ;) and says 'ohh Vicky the witty fb commentor!'" VICKY THE WITTY FB COMMENTOR !!! NOT ONLY HAS MY EXISTENCE BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED BUT MY NAME IS ALSO KNOWN NOW GOD BLESS HALLELUJAH DREAMS CAN COME TRUE!!!! Anyway, I was pretty convinced that darryn was just making shit up to see me get all panicked and fangirly so I called him out on his shit and he was like "nah we're in his car having a gooooooooood chat ;) " AND THE USE OF WINKY FACE AND EMPHASIS ON GOOD REALLY CONCERNED ME BECAUSE GODDAMN IT WHAT ARE U INSINUATING HERE U ASSHOLE???? And then he texted "yeah, didn't add coz ur still in highschool" and I don't know whether he was fuckign with me or if ?!?!?!?!?!?!? SCREAMING!!!!!!!! My doubts of whether darryn was even with Lachie at all were put to rest cuz he told me their choir was together to support Lachie's honours recital and so I was like ah well story checks out so I told darryn to "tell him that witty fb girl wishes him luck" and Lachie replied "churr"... CHURR?!?!? WHO THE FUCK SAYS CHURR HAHAHA GODDAMIT HE' SPEAKS LIKE A BOGAN fml. but uh COMMUNICATION, PEOPLE!!!!!!! IT'S A THING THAT IS HAPPENING.
OMG Vicky - your life is like a sitcom! :P Love it.
ReplyDeleteoh fiona was in my year
ReplyDeleteI didn't know they were dating :D thats cute
" DANGER DANGER BAD!!!" is my favourite part of this
ReplyDelete