So, the moment it struck 12:00am on July 5th, I kinda just sat there looking at my facebook page like, now what...? And didn't really know what to do haha.
And then the first birthday greeting came in at 12:02am and I instantly thought of this meme:
and then my epic awesomeness of a brother strolls into my room at around 12:05am with a bundle that was my present wrapped in his maroon sweater (because he didn't have wrapping paper hahaha) and he's like 'guess what it is'
and as a joke im like 'lol a phone'
and he's like what
and i'm like ' i said a phone'
and he gets this look
and im like o wut
and open it
and
it
isa
fucking
phone
like
omfg
he got me a sony xperia U!!!!!
LIKE HI CAN WE GET BEST BROTHER OF THE WHOLE FUCKING UNIVERSE AWARD OVER HERE PRONTO PLZ HOLY SHIT
so I was all fucking giddy and shit and its such a cute phone but i researched it and apparently it only has 4gb of usuable memory storage space and you cant expand on that memory size so it's not really usuable since my phone is usually used for taking photos/listening to music and that takes up a lot of memory! So my brother is ofc so nice about it and he's going to trade it in for a HTC mobile that has expendable memory(?) on sunday.
SRSLY LIKE WOW SORRY ALL MY FRIENDS BUT THIS WAS THE FUCKIGN BEST PRESENT
anyway i was playing on my phone and replying to fb birthday wishes until 2am and went to bed, woke up at 11am this morning and my mum went to go out and get the (fucking expensive) cake from eve's pantry (srsly not goign there again because it was a small as hell cake that cost $40 like wow gtfo plz)
Anyway, I get up, take a shower (sorry im just going into really deep details ok) and reply to facebook/tumblr/twitter msgs bcz yolo. then i go out to the $2 shop with my mum to get candles and we picked up new L plates as well because my old one has lost all its stickyness and is in tatters after being used for 6 months...
I clean my incredibly messy room and start getting ready for people to come over at 3:30 for the 'preparty beauty day sesh' thingy.
and i wait
and no one comes
and i wait
and it's 4pm
and im like wut
and lizzi comes at 4:10pm and im like wow where da fuq is everyone (because meilin, cherry, lizzi and jo said they were all coming to this preparty thing) and so we just do our nails and it was really like... tranquille haha
.... which is not generally what you want for your birthday (pre)party but ok.
but yeah cherry says she has to clean the house for her mum which im sure she couldnt help and meilin had a bad misunderstanding and thought when i asked her if she was coming, i was asking about the actual dinner and not the preparty thing, so she wasnt coming either...
then joanna came at 5pm from church and then it was crunch time since lizzi and i had just been bumming around haha
so ofc it takes me/us longer than expected to get ready and then we get onto the bus at 5:55pm and we're supposed to meet at 6pm hahahahha
so the 3 of us (wearing heels) hobble over from the bus stop to the restaurant(s) (Elliott Stables Epicurean Village btw) and it's 6:20 when we get there and everyone is waiting
...except from meilin, who thought it started at 7pm lmaooooooooo
and she sends us this text at 6:35pm like "IM IN THE CAR ALREADY SO I DEFOZ WON'T BE LATE"
LOL NO MEILIN UR ALREADY 35 MINUTES LATE HAHAHAHAHA
so elliott stables place is like, this place with around 10 restaurants surrounding this general area where you can sit and eat together even if you get stuff from different restaurants (kind of like a foodcourt but nicer and with waiters)
and among those 10 very different restaurants (mexican, japanese, carribean, italian, grill, german sausage, latin american, french, vegeterian, deserts...) we somehow go to only TWO. the italian restaurant where people just got pasta, and the grill restaurant where people got steak hahahaahaha. even after we went around to each restaurant taking menus!
(sorry if im not really coherent rn im trying to do it as fast as i can while everythings sorta fresh in my mind...)
it was a nice ambient atmosphere and there was live entertainment (which turned out being just one guy on a guitar in the middle of the general area) but there was lots of laughing and it was a nice joyful occasion... with lots of camera flashes and very bad photos ofc
[omg Lizzi's family friend (sorta?) guy was sitting at the table next to ours and apparently he was the ex of Lizzi's mum's best friend so he wasn't really welcome in their 'group' anymore and she hadn't seen him for over a year. But he kept coming over and asking if we wanted him to take a photo of all of us and it was nice and all but it was definitely making Lizzi pretty uncomfortable whoops!]
ok well, i got the steak teehee it was good shit. there were tonnes of wedges + a real nice salad along with it.
and my brother had my parents' card and was just going around to pay whenever someone ordered and omg srsly he was just my favourite person today ok what a top chap
so when we got to the cake i had to go around to look for a big knife to cut the cake + 9 plates and cutlery, right? and we went to big little grill, the delectable desserts place, besos latinos and none of them were willing to give me a knife. and then i went to the de niro place and they were so sweet about it! and i felt so bad asking for cutlery after asking for 9 plates and after asking for a knife but they were so great and joked around and wished me happy birthday and i was like awwww.
so yeah go to De Niro at elliott stables because they are GC's
and then we tried to put the candles onto the cake and it was so fail because they kept falling over and we had to stab them in and omg just typical dysfunction...
after an embarrassingly loud happy birthday song in a very busy dining area and my fail blowing out of candles...
.... we opened presents yay!!!!!
| joanna's $100+ gift omg |
okay so in total these are all the presents I've gotten for my 16th :)
- From Qi'an: Phone - Sony Xperia U
- From Sueyeon: Black boot heels (and a Ms Higgins cookie haha)
- From Lizzi: Teal Dress from Valleygirl that I wore for the party and that i adoREEE
- From Jade: Dry Shampoo, false eyelashes, Liquid eyeliner, Dr Lewinn's body scrub and face exfoliant (which looks amazing and i can't wait to try it out) and purple sparkly nail polish
- From Cherry: Fucking awesome jewellery thingys that she MADE, lollies, a chinese 'rat' picture frame, and an adorable drawing from Chelsea (who obviously has Cherry's mad skillzz in art hahaa)
- From Josh: Covergirl Lashblast Mascara (which I totally already guessed he would get me because cmon it's josh)
- From Charlie: (Purple) Earphones that I'm using rn that are epic
- From Meilin: Gorgeous knitted white and black striped sweater (and a condom) (which i totally predicted would be given to me by someone)
- From Mei: Purple sweatpants that I am going to fucking LIVE IN FROM NOW ON and a hilarious card that my brother called verging on pornographic that I will upload below
- From Joanna: FUCKING VERSACE BRIGHT CRYSTAL PERFUME like omg so expensive i am unworthy of your gift holyshit
and I'm pretty sure Steph got me Wreck This Journal :B
So, yeah, I gave everyone a hug and told them to gtfo and go home and that was that :)
also my whole family are very embarrassing over me having guy friends.
"WAS THAT YOUR BOYFRIENDDDDDD?"
"noooo GOD FOR THE LAST TIME WE'RE JUST FRIENDS"
my brothers reaction to this card from mei was the funniest ever and also very awkward
"IS THIS WHAT KIDS ARE INTO THESE DAYS?! OH GOD ARE THOSE TWO GUYS LYING TOGETHER?!"
And I got so many notifications on Facebook I was going crazy replying to all of them
attractive bunch we are, i know.
you should see the previous photo to that one omg hahahaha
walking in heels wasnt as difficult as I expected it to be! especially since after the party I walked with my brother and Amy to Amy's car which was parked eons away in a carpark and I survived stairs, uphill, downhill and cobbled footpath aw yeahhhh
going to watch spiderman tmrw! after swimming at 11:10am sigh. i am so screwed for my personal response hahahaha its due tomorrow (email in) and I haven't even started it....
holidays have been super busy so far! cathee and renee are in new york which im super jealous about and Sueyeon is in Tonga doing missionary work. Lucky girls....
it's been a long time since i've posted so I'll just say here: OUR CHOIR GOT INTO NATIONALS AND WE'LL BE GOING TO WELLINGTON ON THE 15TH OF AUGUST AND IM SO EXCITED :DDDD




Hahahah at the awkward invisible line/barrier between me and Josh? Charlie? idk one of them
ReplyDeletehahah jade^
ReplyDeletegosh I'm really really really glad you like my present! I was so worried it wouldn't surpass the "sweet sixteenth present" mark 'cause it was just like, flimsy lil pieces of unwearable jewellery that is going to scratch everything, so I tried to stuff anything I can find in that bag, hahaha. And I'm so happy for you for having a really nice birthday party ('cause when I heard foodcourt I was like ASIAN FOODCOURT OHRLY? lolol)
<3 MEGAXOXOX <--I'm doing that from now on kk?
Also, talk about highlight of my holidays! That was the only time I got to go out and see you + everyone else!
ReplyDelete